Warning: copy() [function.copy]: Filename cannot be empty in /home/content/h/f/l/hflemings/html/blog/wp-content/plugins/mytube/mytube.php on line 220
Growing up I was told that storytellers were liars, so I never wanted to be a person who told stories. When I got older I realized that most people were living a lie. The average person was living someone else’s existence spending 70% of their waking life doing something that they hated. So I didn’t realize I had a story.
As a personal brand I now realize that being a good story teller is more a product of a person who is passionate about what they do versus just assembling a bunch of words.
Story telling allows you to influence beyond words. It enables you to present in color versus black and white and package in all forms of media.
How to tell your Story
- Visual Resume – Hajj E. Flemings - Visual Resume (Resume 2.0)
- Blog Post- My Brand Story
- Video –What is your Message to the World?
- Creative Slide Presentation –Personal Branding 2.0 Slide Presentation
- Business Cards –Web 2.0 Cards (www.BrandCardz.com)
- Tweet – A one to many conversation.
- Standard Resume – 8.5 x 11 white paper (still required by non-engaging)
- Bio- Basic information about you.
- Video – Video content that is all about you.
- Power point – Boring slides with too many words.
- Business Cards – Web 1.0 business piece that doesn’t engage people.
How Other tell your Story:
Commenting on your blog
As a personal brand you are always telling your story or creating content that people can spread.